Monday, June 8, 2015

May 4, 2015



hello hello!
another week in good ole Bolivia! This week was full of random experiences and typical Bolivian culture that Im not sure I will ever get fully used to haha! a couple stories of the week:
1. we found a teenager that was interested in the church on saturday and yesterday we invited him to come to church with us... he came and even stayed for the whole 3 hours! But last night as we were getting ready for bed we got a call from the Bishop saying ¨umm your new investigator that you brought to church today? he´s in the chapel drunk and we cant get him to leave!¨ it turns out he went drinking after church and felt so at home he returned there to sleep and it literally took a whole army to get him out! haha not exactly what we were hoping for when we said ¨we hope you feel comfortable and welcome in the church¨ next lesson for him: word of wisdom! 
2. some of our investigators brought home 2 baby kittens that didnt have names, so Hna Fonseca and I named them after some food specialties (nasty) here in Bolivia and fell in love with the little things. so cute!! a couple days later we went back and Hna Fonseca walked through the door first and serioulsy started shrieking I thought for sure somebody had died - as I got closer I saw poor Chicharron beheaded and completely torn apart lying on the ground! it was seriuolsy such a horrible sight but I couldnt help but laugh as I was trying to comfort my crying companion and just kept thinking ´´im so glad my sister isnt here´´ haha the poor cats dont stand a chance here with the crazy dogs. the worst part was that for the family it was completely normal hahah ew. 
I am doing great here in Bolivia and am so happy! I love seeing our investigators progress and being able to see them find true happiness in their lives brings me a happiness that I have never felt before! there are definitely hard days but I have learned that the hardest days in the mission are when you learn the most! 
I love you all and hope everyone is doing well at home!! see you all soon! :)

love, 
Hna Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment