Monday, June 22, 2015

Another week in good ole Boliva!

I am finally adjusting to city life.. other than the fact that this city is not made for tall people. hahaha I hit my head on EVERYTHING. They sell everything in little tent things and if I had a dollar for every time I smacked my head on a pole sticking out of the tent I would be loaded. hahaha the goose eggs are so real. 
Also something that I am getting used to (good or bad?) is my comp talking literally every second haha from the time she wakes up to the time we go to bed she is talking - even when she is in the bathroom and I am starting to get so used to it that I forget to keep listening!

Saturday was a super frustrating day - Pablo's baptism was programmed for 6 pm and we were at the church cleaning and preparing at about 3... we got call from him at 5:15 telling us that his daughter had disappeared and he was with the police looking for her and wouldn't be able to get baptized. turns out she ran away with her boyfriend and they still haven't been able to find her. UGH I have never felt a disappointment like that! its amazing how satan even works through other people to do everything he can from keeping baptisms away. so lots of prayers for Pablo - the people here are super superstitious and if something bad happens on a big day its a sure sign that its the wrong decision.. :(

This week we had a ¨mini MTC¨ for the future missionaries in the stake - we taught some classes and even took them out in the street and taught them how to knock doors and contact people in the street. It brought back so many memories of me before the mission and made me realize how much I have learned and grown in these 6 months and made me SO grateful for this experience! 

This week I have been studying a lot about the importance of continually learning and growing in all aspects but especially in the gospel. when we take gaining knowledge in the gospel as something of importance it shapes our WHOLE life. ¨True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.¨ -Boyd K. Packer


When we truly understand what this gospel is all about, our desires change and our behavior and attitude is good not because we are being forced by our parents or our leaders, but because we understand what this life is really about! 
I love you all and hope all is well at home! 
love, 
Hermana Andersen  

No comments:

Post a Comment