Monday, November 16, 2015

New Adventures

hello everyone!

wow what a crazy week! first big news.. transfers! I will be leaving my area, and actually leaving Cochabamba in general! My plane leaves tomorrow morning for Sucre! I am excited but also super nervous, I will be a sister training leader there, which means we are in charge of all the sisters in Sucre, we do splits with all of them and if there are problems they come to us.. haha praying for lots of non-dramatic sisters! the worst worst part about the mission is having to say goodbye to the people that I have come to love so much. its like tearing a piece of my heart out with every goodbye.
Click for Options
Saying bye to Henry and his sweet boys last night.
way too many tears shed!
Click for Options
Noemi and Junior - Junior got to baptize her
and it was super spiritual!
BUT, it has been an amazing last weekend here! Noemi got baptized!! seriously there was so many times during the week that we thought it wasn't going to happen. she was faced with soo many trials and I admire her so much for continuing through. we got to her house on monday night and she just had the saddest face, we asked her what was going on and she told us that her mom had been diagnosed with cancer, that the doctors arent sure what they would be able to do or how long she would live.. she just looked at us with tears streaming down her face and said ¨´hermanas, I am closer to God then I have ever been and I am doing everything right, why are these things happening to me?¨´ It was one of the first times in the mission that I was left 100% without words. we sat there me, my companion, noemi, and junior her boyfriend, and just cried. I think it was the first time in my life that I really understood what it means to ¨mourn with those that mourn¨ because it was about the only thing that we could do in that situation. we ended up sharing a scripture and explaining that the closer we are to God, the harder Satan fights. on top of that she was hospitalized and she almost lost her job. BUT she got baptized and it was a real miracle for us.
I love the mission and I love the experiences that I am having here, the things that I am learning, and the people that I have gotten to know. I love you all and am so grateful for all the love and support! 

love, 
hermana andersen :)


#2 s

No comments:

Post a Comment