Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Appendicitis in Bolivia

hello everyone!

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the prayers this week! It was an experience that I will never forget and a pretty crazy week, but I have seen so many miracles and couldn't be more grateful! haha I've never had an appendicitis in America so I can't really compare it, but I can say that the whole thing seemed suuper relaxed here. haha the story goes like this:
Saturday night we watched the Women´s Conference in the mission home and they fed us Mexican food from heaven, but as we were leaving I told my companion ¨wow I think I'm finally used to Bolivian food because my stomach is not doing well with that food´´ - as the night went on the pain started getting more and more centralized and by morning I had pretty much diagnosed myself with an appendicitis. We went to the clinic and they took some tests to send to the lab but I think because I wasn't screaming and crying nobody really took me seriously. They told me they didn't have enough beds for me so I would have to wait in the waiting room for the results.. 4 AND A HALF HOURS LATER I told my companion ´´If I have to wait one more second in this waiting room chair I´m going to die right here´´  haha she went Blake Andersen mode for a sec, found the doctor, gave him a peace of her mind and thankfully that sped the process a bit. They brought my results and said ´´uh yeah.. we´re really sorry for the wait... it looks like were gonna have to operate but before we can do that you need an ultrasound and the ultrasound doctor is watching a soccer game so you're gonna have to wait a couple more hours...¨ haha literally all I could do was laugh because in my head I was saying ´´well I've lived a good life.¨

Thankfully President Hansen and my zone leaders got there to give me a blessing while we were waiting for the doctor to finish his soccer game which made the waiting bearable, the surgery went well, and I came out alive Smiling face with smiling eyes its really been a miracle how fast I have healed, I got home from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon and by Tuesday night I was feeling good enough to get working again. 

I couldn't be more grateful for President and Sister Hansen, they were there from the second they found out until they knew I was okay and haven't stopped checking on me all week. It was a little bit of a scare but I knew the whole time that Heavenly Father was with me and that everything would work out fine. 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for the support system I have at home! I hope everyone got to watch conference - it really is so amazing that we have the people to give us direct insight into what Heavenly Father needs us to know in these times! 

Hna Andersen :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment