Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015

Hey everyone!
Its been a pretty uneventful week here.. my companion was ¨sick¨ for a couple days.. so we had a lot of time to clean the house and wash clothes haha! but as soon as she was ready to get back at we knocked on our very first appointment´s door and were sitting on the curb waiting for them to come out and a dog comes running straight up to us and pees right on my companion. hahaha she was SO mad but I could not stop laughing. 
This week we met Isreal. he is a 17 year old whose mom died when he was 10 and since then his dad has been in and out of jail. He goes to work from 5 in the morning to 10 at night - his boss doesn't pay him but he gives him his lunch and dinner. we asked him why he´s okay with that and he told us ¨Its my only source of food, what else am I going to do?¨ he is so lost and it absolutely broke my heart talking to him and hearing his story. he latched on to our message super fast and yesterday came to church in a full suit! In all of my time here I have never had an investigator come to church dressed like that, he told us that he found it in the house from his dad´s wedding. the stories we hear here really make me think and really put all the ¨hard things¨ in my life into perspective.
Lots of prayers for our couple Nancy and Juvenal please! they were supposed to get baptized this upcoming Saturday but Juvenal took a hard fall this week and they are thinking they are going to have operate on his toe which puts a damper on all plans.. ugh its amazing the obstacles that come when we get someone committed! 
Bolivia is the country of ¨blockages´´.. whenever a group of people doesn't like something they ban together and park there cars in the middle of every stop light so that nobody can get anywhere and all public transportation shuts down. so frustrating for us because we are in the city and have to take public transportation so much! luckily it usually only lasts a few hours or a day but there is a city in our mission that has been in this for a month now, they aren't letting anyone in our out of the city until they get what they want.. including food ha so all of the stores are shut down and its a big mess and I am thanking my lucky stars I'
m not in that area! food storage has become a huge thing in the mission these past few weeks! 
I hope you are all doing well and are happy! thanks for all the support! 
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Andersen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment