Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015

Hey everyone!

Its been a hard week here but the good news about hard weeks is that they are usually followed by really good ones! 
Click for OptionsMy companion is getting ready to head home next week and as most of you know she hasnt talked to her family since a month before she left for her mission.. her parents kicked her out when she got her call and she hasnt received one email, hasnt skyped, nothing.. so last week President gave her permission to call home to tell them when she would be coming in. she was SO scared, like shaking and crying and she told me ¨I dont think I can do it, will you talk to them¨ haha uh I was pretty scared too because Ive heard some pretty crazy stories. Her dad answered and I told him who I was, and that his daughter would be coming home next week and that I hoped he would be there to pick her up. He paused for a long time and said ¨my daughter´s coming home?? of course I will be there!¨ it was SUCH a relief and my companion got to talk to her dad for the first time in 18 months and was happier than I have ever seen her!
Also even in the hardest weeks there are lots of miracles, we have been teaching Valeria, a 10 year old for awhile now and she comes to church EVERY week and is super smart and has been wanting to get baptized for a long time, but her mom wouldnt let her. this week we were in a lesson with her and talking to her mom and she told us ¨I understand now, I want her to be baptized and I want to follow her footsteps one day¨ so we are planning for her baptism saturday! lots of prayers that everything goes well! I hope everyone is doing good, love you all!

Click for Options
love, 
Hermana Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment