Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016

Hey everyone!

Its been an awesome week here, Kevin got baptized! A little background on Kevin: he's a 16 year old and he's so awesome! I've never seen someone so prepared. we didn't find him, he found us! He lives super close to the church and he said that he's always wanted to go in, but his mom has never given him permission. but one Sunday he begged and begged and his mom let him go. he told us "I knew from the moment I walked in that it was true!" He loves church so much that he goes to the ward before us that starts at 8, stays 2 hours with them, and then comes to our 3 hours! church is great, but even as missionaries 5 hours is a long time to be at church! the night before his baptism we were talking with him and his mom and he said "Hermanas, you told me that to be baptized I need to have repented of everything, and there are a few things I need to tell my mom" he then went through every time in his life that he could think of that he disobeyed his mom and confessed everything to her. it was one of the sweetest moments of my whole life when he finished everything and hugged his mom and said "I'm sorry mom, I love you." everyone was crying and his mom gave us the biggest hug and said "thank you for the person you've turned my son into!"

Click for Options
The baptism was a bit stressful cause there are serious water problems here and all the water in the whole city shuts off at about 9 in the morning and doesn't come back on till late at night. we had filled the font about ankle deep when the water shut off.. we were seriously concerned that he might have to lay down on the font floor to be baptized ha! but luckily we found a tank filled with water in the church and filled the font with buckets.. it wasn't the cleanest, but it worked!

In the pic you will find me breaking into our own apartment cause I forgot the keys and our door locks automatically. this was before adding a chair and another bucket.. hahaha there's a reason why robbers don't wear skirts!

I love you all and hope you have the best week! 

love, 
Hermana Andersen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment