Monday, February 15, 2016

hello potosi

hey everyone!

The new area is great! Potosi is suuper high (13000 ft) so if you close your mouth and breath through one nostril, that's pretty much how it is here. haha I tried to walk and talk and eat at the same time and had to sit down cause I almost passed out. but they warned me that I would probably be knocked out for a good week and haven't had any problems (knock on wood) so so far so good :)
The food here is also very interesting.. of the 5 days I have been here, we have had tuna straight out of the can (not even mixed with a little bit of mayonnaise or anything), liver, and cow stomach... haha my pensionista loves to play the ¨guess what you're eating¨ game and my biggest challenge is keeping a straight face when she tells me 
its also suuuper cold here! I sorta feel like I'm in Utah only without the heating. 
BUT this place is amazing. I have had countless amazing experiences just in these past few days. we are teaching some really great people of all sorts - haha we even have a hippie! I have never heard of a Mormon hippie, but he really is so interested! the only problem is he has to get legal first...
my companion is hna Cabarcas - shes from Colombia (I LOVE Colombians) I was so excited when we got our transfers because she replaced me in my first area so we have been friends for a long time and are working awesome together! 
I love you all and hope all is well at home!!
love,
hermana andersen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment