Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016

hey everyone!
its been a crazy week, it was the presidential election and supposedly had the potential to be dangerous, so we weren't allowed to talk to anyone in the street or knock on any doors.. and yesterday we weren't even allowed to leave the house. ha it seemed a little bit ridiculous for us cause our area was super calm, but rules are rules! 
but despite that we've had a really good week, I wish everyone could witness even a fraction of the miracles I have seen in this area - literally every single day that I've been here we've witnessed huge miracles.
Our week was filled with a service project that started out simple and turned out to be gigantic. We have a less active named Alicia, my compaƱera knew of her but not much about her.. so when one of our appts fell through I said ¨lets go see if she´ll let us in!¨ she opened the door literally distraught.. I've seen a lot of sad people and sad situations here, but I've never in my life seen someone that looked the way she looked. she let us in and we listened and listened and listened some more, she had just that day passed through some really really hard things because of some bad deciones that she had made and she told us that she was about to take her own life. the whole time I was just praying with all my might that we would be able to find the right words to help her. after a loong lesson on the atonement and explaining to her that all was not lost, her whole rostro (idk if thats english or spanish?) literally change. she got a smile on her face and told us ¨I'm ready to start over new¨ she we got the idea of helping her start fresh by giving her a fresh look to her house too.. but turns out you cant just go in and paint the walls.. you have to sand and I mean SAND every square inch first.. luckily we had the zone to call in to help us out and Alicia is seriously I different person.
the church is true and it really does change lives! there are so many people that we meet that think they have no way out. Pres. Uchtdorf said ¨sometimes we believe that the end of the story has already been written, when in reality, we are only in the middle chapters.¨ I love teaching these sweet people that and seeing the way their lives change when they realize that there really is so much more. 
I love you all, thanks for all the love and support! 
love, 
Hermana Andersen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment