Sunday, December 13, 2015

December 7, 2015

hey everyone! 

woah so much that I could share this week, but so little time! I am loving my area and these people so much!
despite all the challenges, it really is so amazing! for example, we haven't had a bishop for the last 2 months.. and he doesn't have plans of coming back anytime soon.. hahaha #Bolivia. so that makes our work pretty complicated, also there are a lot of people that only speak quechua here, so there is a language barrier, haha I'm trying to learn but its the HARDEST language. so hard that the Book of Mormon is only 1/3 of the way translated. also almost everyone lives together but is not married.. which also makes our job hard! BUT,in spite of all of that, I have never met such amazing people in my whole life and I have also never seen so many miracles!

yesterday I was able to share my testimony in sacrament and as it is the last month of the year, reflected lots on everything that I have learned and been a part of this year. It has been absolutely UNFORGETTABLE and a year that I will cherish for my whole life. Its impossible to say how much I have learned and the way I have grown from the people that I have met and the things I have participated in, I love this work!

On a funny note, yesterday we went exploring to meet some people in a little pueblo that is now part of our area, we had to pretty much climb a mountain to get there and the mountain had LOTS of rocks.. hahaha my companion´s skirt got snagged on a rock and ripped all the way open! hahaha literally I laughed until I cried. we were super super far from home so she just had to hold it closed the whole day. hahaha the only hard part about having an area like this is that our skirts are a real inconvenience
sometimes.

I love you all and hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!! see you soon! 

love,
Hermana Andersen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment