Monday, July 6, 2015

#winterwonderland #happy4th‏

hello hello!

Whoever said that Cochabamba is an ¨eternal spring¨ doesn't know what spring is because we have definitely definitely been in winter weather here this week! there is even snow in the mountains! this morning we drove for 3 hours to the top of the mountain to play in the snow! haha the americans were saying ¨this is crazy¨ the whole time but it was super fun to see the latinos that have never seen snow before play and we showed them a good snowball fight :) also my goal was to take a picture with llamas... we literally had to climb a mountain straight up to find them but it was a mission accomplished so I was happy :) also on the way home we got in a fender bender and our bus driver went into video game mode to chase the guy down and everyone was screaming hahah I thought for sure we were dead!

The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays but even more now that I have another country to compare it too! I love this country and these people but seriously.. nothing compares! hahah my companion is not a huge fan of americans so there wasn't much celebrating but I woke up singing american patriotic songs and she looked at me with a very serious face and said ¨I hope you don't
get assassinated today.¨ ...uh hahaha me too! luckily it rained the whole entire day and when its cold nobody leaves their house! so we didn't have any problems in the street :) 

Everything is great here and we have been working hard to find new people to teach and have definitely seen a lot of blessings and miracles everyday this week! thank you for all the love, support, and prayers! 

love, 
Hermana Andersen 

No comments:

Post a Comment